The farmers are anticipating the 15th installment of the PM Kisan Scheme in the month of October 2023 and considering the festival season, the Modi government may transfer the fund for the 15th instalment. An amount of INR 2000/- is to be given in the form of income assistance to the farmers as a direct bank transfer under the PM Kishan Scheme soon.
Notably, the 14th installment of the PM Kisan Scheme was released on 27th July 2023, and afterward, e-KYC has now been made mandatory for registered farmers under the scheme.
For any Issue about the PM Kisan Scheme a helpline number (155261 / 011-24300606) is made available for the farmers.
This article dealt with the PM Kisan Scheme in detail for a better understanding of how the scheme is benefiting the Farmers registered for the Scheme.How can farmers complete the e-KYC? What are the features and coverage of the scheme? What are the exclusion criteria for the scheme? How can farmers check the list etc…
E-KYC verification for the farmers under PM Kisan Scheme:
A system of OTP-based e-KYC has been devised by the Government of India through on PM Kisan Portal (https://exlink.pmkisan.gov.in/aadharekyc.aspx). Farmers can approach the nearest Common Service centres for their Biometric-based e-KYC.
In said online case one must visit the official site only to avoid any fraud. The above link may be referred to the same and it will take you to the official site for the PM Kisan Scheme or Yojan. The window given below will pop up and you enter your credentials as desired to complete the KYC.
Coverage under the PM Kisan Scheme
According to the official site for PM Kisan Scheme, payments released to the farmers till 09 August 2023 are depicted in the blow MAP.
What are the Features of the PM Kisan Scheme?
PM Kisan Scheme- Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi is a central sector scheme that is implemented by the Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare. A central sector scheme means the funding or expenditure (100%) of such schemes is borne by the central government (Government of India). It is one of the very important scheme for agricultural sector.
Under this scheme, direct Bank transfer systems transfer the monetary income assistance of INR 6,000/- per year to the Farmer’s bank account. The said money is transferred into three installments.
The income assistance is given to farmers per family and the Family for the scheme has been clearly defined as the Husband, wife, and minor children.
Identification of the beneficiary family is with the state government and UT administrations eligible for the support under the scheme as per guidelines.
The brief of the scheme is tabulated below for better understanding:
|Pradhan Mantri Samman Nidhi Yojna
|Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
|Type of Scheme
|Central Sector (100% funded by Central Government)
|State Government and UT administrations
|Annual Benefit as Income Assistance
|Mode of Payment
|Direct Bank Transfer
There are some exclusion categories as well for the said scheme.
Exclusion Criteria for PM Kisan Scheme
A list of persons not eligible for the scheme is devised by the Government of India. The scheme is intended to exclude persons with higher economic status. All persons who hold the Institutional lands are not eligible under this scheme and the families belong to one or more of the following categories:
- Anyone held or holding the constitutional posts
- State Ministers/former/present Members of Lok Sabha/ Rajya Sabha / Ministers/ State Legislative Councils /State Legislative Assemblies/ former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats/ former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations.
- Professionals like Engineers, Doctors, Lawyers, Architects, and Chartered Accountants are registered with Professional bodies and carry out their profession by undertaking practices.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees for the Local Bodies
- It is to be noted that the government employee of class IV/Multi-Tasking Staff Group D employees may be included in the beneficiary list.
- If some retired/superannuated pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more and here also Class IV/Group D employees/ Multi-Tasking Staff of the above category may be considered in the beneficiary list.
- If someone who has paid Income Tax for the last assessment year.
How to check your name in PM Kisan’s 15th Beneficiary List?
To check the name in the beneficiary list, farmers need to visit the official website for PM Kisan Scheme and enter their registration number to check their name into the beneficiaries list.
If you don’t know your registration number, then click on the option- Know your registration no, a window as given below will open and you will be asked to enter your mobile number registered with the portal followed by a captcha and click.